Saturday, July 20, 2013

{Favorite} Summer Makeup Items

I know I haven't done an all over favorite item post in a while (besides summer nail polishes-go figure). Here you go:

Favorite Summer Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation- this stuff is awesome! It has a very matte finish, therefore someone with dry skin may not even need a setting powder. It says it lasts 24 hours, however, I have never left my makeup on that long. But, it does last throughout the day. I am pretty oily in my t-zone, and I barely get shine by the end of the day. If you follow my blog, you do know I am a VERY big fan of Revlon foundation. Generally, when it is not as hot, I wear the Colorstay 24 Hour Liquid.  http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2246985&productId=xlsImpprod4410265&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80022

Favorite Summer Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in transparent- the company says that it controls shine for up to 5 hours, however, I never carry this product with me for touch ups. The combination of the Whipped Foundation and the powder keeps me looking pretty matte most of the day. This product is great to have in your PRO kit as well, because it matches everyone and helps lock any liquid makeup in place. http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2101674&productId=VP00144&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=2101674-sandstorm004&categoryId=cat80028#sku2101673


Favorite ALL TIME Bronzer: Lancome Star Bronzer in Solaire- this is tricky because I am having a hard time finding this product online, so I may need to visit a counter and find out if it is discontinued. But, I LOVE THIS BRONZER. It is a matte finish and just the perfect color for most fair-medium skin tones. 




Favorite Summer Highlighter: MAC Paint Pot- Chilled on Ice- Paint pots are generally used as an eye shadow base or primer. They are of creamy consistency, and feel great. I generally prefer a powder as a highlighter, but I have been loving this for the summer. Chilled on Ice is a cool-toned iridescent pale yellow gold. It is interesting because gold is generally considered warm, so it does look warmer in some lighting. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/1573/Products/Eyes/Shadow/Paint-Pot/index.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU47042


Favorite Summer Blush: E.L.F. Studio Blush in Tickled Pink- this blush is a great light peachy-pink. It is great to just pop a little on the apples of the cheeks without looking overly dramatic. The consistency is very nice and blends well into the skin with a silky finish. BEST PART? It is $3! 
 http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/face/blush/studio_blush


Favorite Summer Lipstick: Maybelline Lipstick in Vivid Rose- this is a medium dark pink with rosy red undertones. It applies very smoothly and leaves lips feeling soft, and not dry throughout the day. Maybelline hit the nail on the head when they put these lipsticks in their vivid collection. THEY HAVE AMAZING COLOR PAYOFF! http://www.drugstore.com/maybelline-colorsensational-vivids-lipcolor-vivid-rose/qxp467279

What are your favorite summertime items? Please share in the comments below.

Have a great Saturday!


HUGS,


No comments:

Post a Comment