Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tried a New to Clean my Makeup Brushes | July 2013

Hey Guys,

So, I have seen so many different ways to clean your makeup brushes. I recently did a YouTube on one way I WAS cleaning them. BUT, it is safe to say this new, well new to me method, I will continue using.

Here is what you will need:


  • Any anti-bacterial dish soap
  • Olive oil
  • Plate
  • Towel
  •  A few paper towels
  •  Your hand or brush cleaning glove
  • Dirty brushes
  •  A sink




Steps:

1. Using your clean plate, squeeze out a fairly large amount of anti-bacterial dish soap on one side and a smaller amount of olive oil on the other side. They will mix together, that is perfect.

2. Lay out a clean paper towel

3. Take your dirty brush and swirl in mixture. Using your hand, swirl the brush around getting the product all over. Lay the brush on the paper towel. Repeat until you have done this with all of your brushes.



4. Time to go to the sink. Using luke warm water, point the brush downward and swirl in your hand or glove. Continue doing this until the water runs clean. Repeat with all your brushes.

5. Squeeze the water out, and lay on a towel to dry.



I know this method require almost double work compared to my original method using baby shampoo and not coating the brushes in product before rinsing. However, the anti-bacterial properties in the dish soap completely disinfect the brushes. The olive is just used to condition your brushes, so they don't dry out.

I feel this DEFINATELY cleans my brushes easier and more througouly.

He this helps. If you give it a try, please let me know how you liked it. To each their own. :)

Enjoy your day!

HUGS,





No comments:

Post a Comment