Sunday, July 14, 2013

First Impressions of doing a Sock Bun

Hey Guys,

Can you believe that I have NEVER worn a sock bun in my hair? Yeah, me either. Well, I finally tried it! BOOM! I loved it. I actually wore it in my hair for 3 days in a row. (Don't judge). 

Here is how I did it:

Step 1: Cut approximately an inch off the toe end of an old sock.

Step 2: Start rolling the sock from the top of the sock to the toe (I have heard it done from the toe up, however, I used a short sock, so it had a lump from the heel, so I chose to do it the other way). It should like like this when done:

Step 3: Put your hair in a pony-tail wherever you would like the bun to fall on you head. I did it at the upper crown of my head.

Step 4: Standing in front of a mirror, hold your pony tail up high. Slip the sock onto it and pull it up toward the tips of your hair. Tuck the little end of your hair under and START ROLLING. Roll until it is tightly at the base where your hair tie is. It may look funny or uneven, so seperate the hairs and even turn the bun until it looks good. 

Step 5: Secure the bun with 4 bobby pins (front, back, and 1 on each side). Hair spray and voila!

Here is my finished look (sock I used was white): 







Hope you enjoyed! And, please let me know if you have found any ways that work better for you. :)




HUGS, 

No comments:

Post a Comment